Green Screen® Organic Sunscreen SPF 31 Original is free of common allergens. It’s soy-free, gluten-free, corn-free, dairy-free and vegan. Please see the Ingredients tab above for a complete list of ingredients in the product.
- Healthy – non-nano, not-micronized Zinc Oxide as its sole active ingredient; Zinc Oxide is the only sunscreen active ingredient FDA-approved for children under 6 months of age.
- Safe – contains simply eight edible-grade, 86% certified organic ingredients and is completely petrochemical-free
- Effective – provides 97% UV absorption across the entire UVA & UVB spectrum
- Unique formula – soy-free, gluten-free, corn-free, dairy-free and vegan.
- Fragrance-free & non-comedogenic
- Ecosystem approved – biodegradable formula is safe for reefs and the aquatic environment & packaged in 100% recyclable tubes
- Cruelty-free – never tested on animals – only tested on humans per FDA OTC Sunscreen Monograph regulations
- Dermatologist recommended for children and babies under 6 months of age.
Green Screen® Organic Sunscreen SPF is easy to apply at all temperatures and essentially transparent at the rated SPF value.
As of 3/1/2015, Kabana is the only sunscreen manufacturer on the planet that publishes our SPF testing results – it’s a testament to our dedication to providing our customers products with unsurpassed performance and transparency!
The average individual particle size of the Zinc Oxide USP we use is 0.260 micron (260nm) with Standard Deviation of 0.012 micron (12nm). This means that there are statistically zero particles smaller than 100nm, the cutoff for the nano classification. Most nano sunscreens on the market have particle sizes in the range of 10-20nm. This is terribly small, and blocks pores.
See our knowledge base for more information on sunscreens and why non micronised Zinc Oxide is the safest ingredient to use.
It is always good to do a patch test on the arm before using a product no matter how gentle it is (for example, the face). This is a standard precaution as it is possible to be allergic to any soap or cosmetic or skin care product. We are all different, and we may not know of any sensitivities we may have to certain ingredients. If your skin becomes irritated or develops a rash, discontinue use.
Green Screen will normally wash out of clothing using normal laundry detergent in a modern washing machine. If whiteness persists, use a stain stick.
Some additional benefits
Green Screen is an effective, healthy and safe sunscreen for your entire family. You can use it daily and be confident that it’s free of harmful petrochemicals that are known to bioaccumulate.
Zinc oxide is a better sunscreen active ingredient than titanium dioxide and the only one Kabana uses for the following reasons:
- Zinc oxide the most effective UV absorber across the entire UVA and UVB spectrum.
- ZInc oxide is made from the critical mineral nutrient zinc instead of the toxic heavy metal, titanium.
- Zinc oxide holds tight to its electrons when it absorbs UV energy and limits the creation of free radicals that do damage and increase the risk of skin cancer.
- Zinc oxide is the sole sunscreen active ingredient approved for use on children by FDA
The zinc oxide Kabana uses is non-nano, and not-micronized; there are zero zinc oxide nanoparticles in our formulas.